Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Why I love being an Indie Author #PoweredByIndie



 I am new to the author and book world having just launched my first children's book this August 2016.  The experience has been very rewarding.  Using the features on Createspace as well as Amazon made it so much easier to reach my target audience, and track how many were sold.  I could use the illustrator I wanted and keep the vision of the book that I wanted as well as keep the cost down allowing it to happen very quickly. My customers have made this one of the most happy experiences by sending me pictures and kind words about the children being so excited to have a book in this genre; feeding tube awareness. I saw a gap in the market and I am energized by the response thus far, and have some more titles in the works and hope to have those out as soon as possible.  I am most impressed by how quickly our international audience got a hold of the book and the ease that they could order and receive their copies. They were some of my first contacts even just a week after book launch. I had always assumed "self-publishing" was the lesser quality and something to be sneered at, but I have not found that to be true or been unhappy with any part of it.  When we had the book launch party in my little town in Montana it was so easy for the bookstore to find the ISBN # needed to sell the book from their store. I thank all those involved in this process and look forward to doing it again.

Meikele Lee, Author of "My Belly Has Two Buttons"

No comments:

Post a Comment